Technology Innovation Assistant
A rare opportunity to join this forward-thinking, diverse, inclusive, and prestigious law firm.
This role can be based out of any of 8 offices in the US in Salt Lake City, San Francisco/Palo Alto, Los Angeles, CA, Chicago, DC, NYC, Charlotte, NC, Houston, TX and working a current hybrid model of 3 days in the office and 2 days remote
This award-winning leading global law firm with offices in 27 key business centers across the Americas, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East. They are a collegial, collaborative and diverse firm where highly motivated individuals with an unwavering commitment to excellence receive the opportunity, support, and development they need to grow, thrive, and realize their greatest potential.
Do you enjoy working with team members whose defining characteristics are achievement, initiative, professionalism, responsiveness, and adaptability? Then you want to join their Legal Innovation & Strategy department in any US office as a Technology Innovation Assistant.
You will be part of the Legal Innovation & Strategy department and lead the analysis of focused legal solutions incorporating technology and processes to support the Firm’s practices and clients. They will improve and support the delivery of legal services by conceptualizing, designing, developing, and delivering innovative and effective applications, focusing on swift-delivery results employing low-code/no-code, AI, and related tools. The Innovation Analyst will be a hybrid technologist, employing the skills of a business analyst, consultant, project champion, and on a smaller scale, low-code developer.
You will assist in evaluating “buy-or-build” options, recommending the optimal solution, and providing design and configuration assistance for its successful implementation. The Innovation Analyst will provide input into planning and executing various business scenarios delivery of value-add services for practices and clients. In addition, the Analyst will assist the Innovation team in evaluating and implementing new technologies to assist practices with their legal service delivery.
- Examines and analyzes current business processes making recommendations for improving quality and/or increasing efficiency within practice operations
- Collaborates with lawyers and business professionals; conceptualize, design, develop and deliver innovative solutions –focusing on delivering progressive quick-to-deliver wins
- Champions design thinking principles and approaches in executing projects. Lead ideation and brainstorming exercises
- Develops and delivers prototype or Proof of Concept solutions using low-code/no-code, AI, and other related development tools and technologies
- Participates in planning, organization, and execution of IT projects as it relates to services aligned to this role
- Creates prototypes to fit and address the issue at hand
- Evangelize technology solutions within the portfolio aligned to this role
- Formally document business, functional, and technical requirement specifications, requirements traceability matrices (RTMs), use cases, storyboards, workflow diagrams, and data flow diagrams
- Collaborates with the Firm’s attorneys and clients, external vendors, and other stakeholders to identify, develop and deploy legal technology tools and resources that support and create efficiencies in legal processes and workflows
- Works with other members of the Legal Innovation & Strategy team in the imagination and design of legal and practice solutions
- Prototypes and builds legal and practice solutions using the Firm’s existing and new suite of legal technologies
- Supports the operationalization and maintenance of completed innovation products and services Monitor the legal technology landscape to influence product lifecycles
- Partners with vendors to troubleshoot and develop creative solutions
- Contributes to the assessment and selection of legal technology tools
- Works closely with the Firm’s IT department to ensure legal technology solutions are developed in compliance with Firm requirements
- Recommends and follows best practices for the management of the Firm’s legal technology and related data
- Develops, documents, and delivers user requirements, gap analysis, potential solution options, logical information models, user flows, wireframes, and necessary documentation as required on initiatives
- Acts as a liaison between legal/business colleagues, development teams, and technology experts, communicating system requirements to system analysts and engineers and building trusting collaborative relationships
- Evaluates opportunities to automate or streamline business processes using solutions within the current application catalog
- Identifies opportunities for improving user adoption of existing and proposed systems.
- Engages stakeholders on enhancements to solutions based on industry movement, competitive positioning, and technology best practices
- Participates in projects as assigned, including requirements gathering, analysis, software/platform selection, design, development, implementation, verification, integration, documentation, upgrades, monitoring, and support
- Assists in the development of systems using low-code/no-code, AI, and other related programming languages
- Defines and creates project plans and engage required participants for technology proofs-of-concept as required
- Maintains a good working relationship with other Legal Innovation & Strategy team members, the IT department, and the Business. Act as an interface between business partners, development team, and technology experts
- Aligns working hours as necessary to support global teams and business partners
- Develops written and oral communications that clearly explain technical concepts using non-technical language; proven ability to communicate with varying levels within the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required to meet Firm goals and objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered in place of the degree when the experience has been directly related to the functions of the job, preferably legal or legal tech
- Experience in business analysis, solution design, consulting, and/or client-facing roles.
- Demonstrated use of business requirements elicitation and documentation skills.
- Experience with project management, preferably using Agile methodologies.
- Proven track record of figuring out a solution when no clear solution is visible. Ability to piece together disparate systems to construct a viable prototype.
- Willingness and passion for experimentation in building solutions. Assess opportunities for improvement during the entire product lifecycle.
- Experience in programming to build applications
- Familiarity with technology tools such as document assembly and robotic process automation
- Experience with relational database management systems (SQL server or Excel)
- Familiarity in integrating tools/applications using solutions such as web services, APIS, and automation tools
- Exposure to data visualization applications and experience in low-code/no-code languages (e.g., Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, R, etc.)
- Working knowledge of design tools for storyboarding (Balsamiq, Omnigraffle, TFS StoryBoarding, etc.) preferred
- Familiarity with process and workflow automation tools (Power Automate, Visio, SharePoint, K2, etc.) preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Proven track record of understanding unstated underlying pain points and resourcefulness to develop a working prototype swiftly
- Focused on providing a solution to address customer needs and representing the voice of the customer
- Ability to work both independently and within a team. Possesses self and team awareness – recognizes and understands both personal and team dynamics and can leverage effectively to drive results
- Strong business analysis skills, client services, and strategic thinking. Willingly ask questions where appropriate and guide others when required
- Resilient and able to handle setbacks. Drive to pursue ideas with new approaches
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a keen level of attention to detail; Able to articulate technical concepts using non-technical language to varying levels within the organization
- Strong organizational and time management skills, priority setting, and problem-solving, especially when responding to unanticipated business requirements
- Proven ability to effectively multi-task, work under pressure, and meet deadlines
- Strong adaptability to changing organizational needs; capability to drive implementation and evolution of IT departmental project management practices
- High level of discretion, comfortable handling sensitive information, and maintaining the confidentiality
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and work environments
- Appetite for learning new techniques and skills on their own
- Effectively communicate and influence others outside the direct chain of reporting
They offer an excellent salary of up to $95,000 based on education, skills, and years of experience. Comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental/vision/life/and AD&D insurance, 401(k) savings plan, back-up childcare and eldercare, generous vacation and personal/sick plan, discretionary bonus, and opportunities for professional development and growth.