Accounting Manager – Law firm
Incredible happy, collaborative team environment and a culture of empowerment!
This firm works on a Hybrid work model of 3 days in the office and 2 days remotely. After 90 days, it can go to 2 days in the office.
Salary up to $125,000 with a bonus
9:00 am to 6:00 pm M-F with occasional overtime, but the firm believes in a work/life balance
As the accounting manager, your responsibilities will include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining the firm’s general ledger, closing the firm’s books at month- and year-end, and preparing and delivering timely and accurate financial statements. This position requires an individual with knowledge of complex organizational accounting policies and practices and the attention to detail necessary to ensure timely and accurate reporting in all areas.
You will report to a fantastic controller and mentor.
Key Daily, Monthly, and Quarterly Duties:
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial reports to understand the firm’s financial position better and provide meaningful data to firm management
- Assess current practices and procedures of the Accounting Department and recommend improvements; if approved by leadership, assist with implementation
- Support month-end close and year-end close processes.
- Ensure compliance with modified cash basis accounting for the firm.
- Prepare financial statements and assist with the annual budget process.
- Assist with gathering information for external CPA at year-end for tax return.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly, along with bank reconciliations.
- Assist with monthly cash flow forecasting process.
- Coordinate tax regulatory compliance, including keeping track of reporting dates, preparing necessary filings, and resolving issues.
- Liaise with the firm Controller to improve financial procedures.
- Other tasks and projects as may be assigned from time to time.
Required Skills and Abilities:
5-10 years as an accounting manager in a law firm or professional services firm
Extensive experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
Advanced MS Excel skills, including VLOOKUPs and pivot tables.
Ability to organize work, establish priorities and maintain good interpersonal relations and communications with lawyers and other staff.
A BS degree in accounting, finance, or business administration or 8+ years of relevant experience instead of a degree
You need to believe in the mission of preserving and developing affordable housing and empowering communities to thrive all over the US.
The firm culture is upbeat and team-focused, collaborative, and helpful. The firm offers complete Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD and STD, 401k, benefits, 25 days PTO, pretax parking or transportation benefit, profit-sharing, and growth.