Attorney Recruiting Coordinator
Palo Alto, CA location
The firm has a current hybrid model of 3 days in the office and 2 days working remotely
Salary of up to $90,000 with an annual bonus
One of the world’s premier law firms with 20 offices in all major business centers around the globe seeks an experienced recruiting coordinator for their Palo Alto office.
The primary role of the Attorney Recruiting Coordinator is to coordinate the Palo Alto office’s legal recruitment efforts and offer professional development support. You will play a critical role for the office and the firm in supporting attorney talent acquisition. The main focus will be on-campus recruiting at law schools, the Summer Program, judicial clerk, and lateral attorney recruiting.
You will report to the firmwide Chief Recruiting Officer and work closely with the Palo Alto Hiring Partner, Partner-in-Charge, Hiring Committee, the San Francisco Recruiting Manager, West Coast Professional Development Manager, and attorneys on the various committees.
- Planning and managing the office’s overall recruitment efforts, including summer, new, and lateral associate recruiting.
- Playing an integral role in the Palo Alto office’s recruitment leadership and team.
- Acting as a liaison to summer associates and career services offices at elite law schools.
- Assisting in preparing and managing the summer program budget and calendar of events and collaborating with summer coordinators and hiring partners on execution.
- Coordinating and attending summer associate social events.
- Arrange and coordinate the on-campus interview logistics for the office’s assigned schools and firmwide interview teams, including hospitality suites, receptions, dinners, or on-campus recruiting-related events.
- Assisting in reviewing and selecting summer, new, and lateral candidates’ applications for consideration by Hiring Committee.
- Directing all aspects of candidate visits and screening and callback interviews.
- Coordinating offer process and organizing outreach and follow-up dinners and other events for lateral recruits and candidates from the office’s assigned schools.
- Planning and facilitating annual academic events and activities, including diversity-focused events and events planned in conjunction with student groups for the office’s assigned schools.
- Working with legal search firms and agencies on lateral associate hiring.
- Coordinating diversity recruiting efforts.
- Preparing and tracking the annual departmental budget and maintaining proper recruiting records.
- Coordinating orientation and integration for new and lateral associates.
- Participating in Associates Committee, Diversity Committee, and Women’s Committee meetings and assisting with programming, projects, and initiatives.
- Providing support for local Professional Development programs, including training sessions and mentor events.
- Attending the annual national Hiring Committee Spring Meeting.
- Attending regional professional recruiting group meetings and events.
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of legal recruiting experience is preferred.
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with any applicant tracking software (preferably ViRecruit) is preferred.
The firm offers a competitive salary of up to $90,000 with up to an annual bonus, Health, dental Vision, STD, LTD, life insurance, 20 days of vacation, eight days of sick leave, 401k, educational benefits most importantly, a happy, open, diverse and collaborative culture. The firm works a 36.25-hour workweek.