Location: Houston, TX
This is a newly created role due to the growth of the large Houston office.
This role is onsite 5 days a week
Monday-Friday, 8:30 am – 5 pm
The salary range is $75,000 – $100,000 DOE and Skills
One of the world’s premier law firms with business centers worldwide seeks a Billing Specialist to be part of a global team of 70.
The firm believes in a good work/life balance (little to no work after hours, no rotating coverage on weekends, etc.) with direct access to resources needed for success and a centuries-old firm with stability, growth, and diverse practice groups.
As the Billing Specialist, you will assist attorneys with the preparation of Complex bills (joint billing, narrative changes, split bills, delayed splits, transfer, and heavy edits) for clients, ensuring that the client bills are processed timely and following the client agreement. The Billing Specialist answers billing questions and research billing-related issues, and prepare and distribute billing proformas, invoices, and billing-related reports. The Billing Specialist acts as the billing advisor to attorneys and legal secretaries, ensuring that all transactions are recorded according to accounting standards. The Billing Specialist regularly collaborates with other accounting departments, including e-billing, Accounts Receivable, Cash Applications, Cost Recovery, Pricing, Client Arrangements, Accounts Payable, and Revenue Management
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform daily billing activities to support partners, attorneys, and clients.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to Proforma generation and edits, creating timecard summaries, updating matter and Timekeeper rates, and running client reports at the request of the partners and attorneys.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and acceptance of invoices monthly. Follow up with Billing partners and others to resolve client billing issues and ensure invoices are approved and billed.
- Understand and ensure correct implementation of client Outside Counsel Guidelines and fee terms.
- Ensure electronic invoices are processed accurately and efficiently. Timely resolves any rejections or reductions of electronic invoices.
- Demonstrate professional and developed communication skills. Ability to deal professionally and courteously with partners, attorneys, legal secretaries, accounting staff, vendors, and clients of the Firm while observing confidentiality of client and Firm matters.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of two years of related experience
- 3-15 years of law firm billing experience
- Experience should include complex billing. (Examples of complex billing are joint billing, narrative changes, split bills, delayed splits, transfer, and heavy edits)
- Experience should include e-billing team
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Understanding of general accounting principles as they apply to Billings and A/R
- Spanish/English – is a plus
- Experience with 3E and e-billing Hubs
The firm offers excellent big-firm benefits that include Health/vision/dental insurance coverage starting on day 1; pension plans: the firm contributes 5% of eligible pay (including base and bonus) to employees’ pension plan accounts. Employees are fully vested after 3 years of service. 401k: You can sign up immediately, with no waiting period. Pre-tax, post-tax contribution options. 23 days of PTO and additional learning and more!