Enterprise Application Engineer – Law Firm
Location: Hackensack, NJ
Salary ranges from $95,000 to $120,000 DOE, and an annual bonus
9-5:30 with a hybrid work model
A very open, social, casual, and happy firm culture with everyone on a first-name basis
Bring your legal experience and A-game to this historic, large, stable national law firm.
This multi-office, 300+ person multi-practice law firm with offices located across the US seeks an Enterprise Application Engineer whose primary focus will be ensuring the stability, availability, and supportability of the firm’s Enterprise Application stack. You will work closely with the Enterprise Applications Manager, Accounting, Marketing, Records, and other firm personnel to ensure all applications run optimally and without interruption. Good communication, technical and analytical skills are required, with a heavy focus on Windows Server and SQL (querying, reporting in SSIS and other tools, maintenance, documentation, and upgrades).
- Administer, develop, and support the firm’s Elite 3E platform. Including, but not limited to Thompson Reuters Elite 3E, Paperless Performa, Design Gallery (“DG”), Workspace, and Iridium.
- Responsibilities within the firm’s financial/marketing application stack include:
- Scheduling month-end maintenance such as: Windows updates, SQL maintenance, query optimization, and security patching
- Inter-department coordination during system upgrades; assessing and communicating risk factors of upcoming upgrades, primarily when integrated systems cause a “trickle-down” effect
- Coordinate with application stakeholders and IT team to prioritize and address issues and future objectives for financial systems
- Responsible for testing financial system applications during system changes, enhancements, upgrades, and monthly system maintenance,
- Documentation of system setup, integrations, backup, and disaster recovery processes
- Communicates and informs the department and management of project statuses, issues, and proposed resolutions
- Manage vendor support tickets
- Track and optimize system performance and storage utilization, plan for necessary hardware or software upgrades to support system growth
- Research and evaluate new tools/technologies to improve the current application stack
- Utilize tools to protect application source code and maintain versioning.
- Compulaw administration, maintenance, and integrations
- Support requests/tickets escalated from the helpdesk team
- Documentation of processes/procedures, ‘how-to’ guides, and frequently asked question resolution
- Basic ‘end user’ application troubleshooting and maintenance such as FasTax, B&A Forms, Allstate legal forms, LexisNexis, etc.
- 3+ years’ experience operating with legal accounting and time management software required; experience with Elite 3E preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining Windows computer systems. Experience with Microsoft SQL required, working knowledge of Active Directory administration and maintenance a plus. Experience with Thomson Reuters 3E and Foundations Experience management system administration required. iManage document management system administration is a plus. Proven experience supporting a large number of end users, 300+.
- Fluency in the Elite 3E SQL database schema preferred or demonstrated ability to develop such fluency
- Experience with maintaining 3E Templates (“Design Gallery”), Workspace, and BizTalk
- Proficiency in Elite Application Framework and Tools; Example: IDE
- Knowledge of 3E Solutions Manager a plus
- Proficiency in SQL reporting (“SSRS”)
- Ability to learn functional and technical integration aspects of the firm’s applications such as Iridium, Foundations, Concur
- Experience administering Windows Server
- Proficiency in XML/XSLT transformation
- Knowledge of C# and Visual Basic .Net, HTML5 programming
- 4-year college degree preferred, equivalent experience considered.
The firm offers a competitive salary and benefits that include Medical, dental, vision, life, STD/LTD, 401k, ample PTO, in-office social events, growth, learning and so much more