Executive Secretary to support a powerhouse partner in their Labor and Employment and Regulatory law practice group.
You can work 8:30 – 4:45, a 36.25-hour work week. This position is 5 days a week in the office working with the partner, and when the partner is out, it is 3 days in the office and 2 days remote.
Great attorneys, Secretarial Manager, firm culture, and more! Up to $100,000 with a bonus
The Ideal Candidate will have experience supporting C-suite executives, lawyers, or a corporate legal department or law firm.
One of DC’s premier law firms near 3 different metro stops seeks an executive legal secretary with solid experience and skills to support a senior partner in Labor and Employment and Law. You will be assigned additional partners/ associates in the future. They are a mover and shaker in DC and around the world. Please have 5-25 years of solid executive secretarial or legal secretarial experience.
- Compose general correspondence, reports, memoranda, spreadsheets, expense reports, and complex documents that may require advanced word processing skills.
- Maintain attorney(s) appointment calendar, meetings, business trips, and sensitive client matters, and prepare mailings.
- Arrange all travel reservations and prepares all travel expense reports.
- Transcribe legal documents, correspondence, and reports from rough draft, dictation, or transcription.
- Open new file requests and conflict of interest checks with the appropriate department and maintains all client and general files.
- Keep files current and filing up-to-date for each client/matter.
- Conduct periodic review for possible storage of older files; prepares files to be closed.
- Assist in coordinating events and other large social functions in DC.
- Handle extensive and specific domestic and international travel arrangements.
- Work in conjunction with the other senior-level assistants.
- The ability to compose documents in the appropriate business style using correct grammar and spelling; communicate clearly using proper grammar and diction over the telephone; proofread typed material for grammatical, typographical, or spelling errors.
- Intensive document organization and preparation skills are required.
- Proficiency in e-filing in state and federal courts.
- 5-25 years of executive-level legal secretarial and/or executive secretarial experience
- Dictaphone or other transcription equipment is helpful as one partner uses it.
- Minimum typing speed of 60 wpm
- Solid MS Office 2019 Word and exceptional writing and proofing skills and you will be tested.
Paid overtime when needed, bonus, spectacular health and wellness benefits and they believe in work-life balance and their people are the best in the industry. Up to $100,000 DOE, skills, education and tenure