Global HRIS Manager
Rare opportunity to join this forward-thinking, diverse, inclusive, and prestigious law firm.
Chicago, IL Based with a current hybrid model of 3 days in the office and 2 days remote
Located near Union Station and North Shoreline stations in Chicago.
This award-winning international firm with 25 offices in all major business centers worldwide seeks a Global HRIS Manager who loves working with team members whose defining characteristics are achievement, initiative, professionalism, responsiveness, and adaptability.
If you enjoy working with team members whose defining characteristics are achievement, initiative, professionalism, responsiveness, and adaptability, then you would be the person the firm is seeking to join the Global HRIS department in Chicago as a Global HRIS Manager.
You will provide oversight and management of the HRIS Business Systems Analysts to ensure the effective and timely delivery of HR System implementations, upgrades, and enhancements. Hands-on management of HRIS processes to drive improvement and ensure systems are being optimally utilized so that all Human Resources functions are operating efficiently.
- Liaises with the Global Director, HRIS & Payroll, and IT management to determine priority and feasibility for implementation of system upgrades, data conversions, and HRIS projects
- Provides regular and timely updates to senior management on any project issues, potential delays, or obstacles to successful on-time, on-budget delivery
- Manages HRIS process to drive improvement and ensure systems are being optimally utilized so that all functions of Human Resources are operating in an efficient manner
- Serves as application development liaison between IT and HR subject matter experts to develop technical solutions that meet the department’s needs
- Continuously increases both HR and HRIS application/tools knowledge by participating in user groups, meetings, webinars, and training classes
- Makes recommendations to optimize systems based on best practice research, identifying process improvements to gin efficiency and ensuring data integrity across HR systems
- Builds and maintains a strong functional HRMS Team through effective recruiting, training, coaching, team building, and succession planning
- Works with Senior Management to define HR reporting requirements and develops high-quality reporting using a variety of reporting tools
- Ensures efficient and effective delivery of reports, working with analysts and/or developers to create and maintain audience-appropriate data
- Escalates issues to assure that processes and resources are properly supported, and conflicting needs are resolved
- Provides overall prioritization of work assignments and management of functional team resources and their activities, ensuring deadlines are met
- Leads functional resources in all phases of system implementation, including testing, usability, and user acceptance
- Accountable for ensuring continuity and successful delivery of functional services to users throughout the organization
- Coordinates and conducts timely root cause analysis and drive to resolution for all HR systems, interfaces, and integrations
- Prepares and participates in the preparation of staff development plans for each functional member of the HRIS Analyst team
- Assess’ the skills and skill levels necessary to achieve HRIS work objectives
- Previous experience with HR applications such as ViDesktop, PeopleSoft, ADP Payroll
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office with particular strength in Excel
- Knowledge of and experience with standard HR concepts, practices, and procedures
- Must be able to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Must have a thorough understanding of data structures and relational databases
- Strong project management skills
- Responsible for annual performance management process coordination via viDesktop
- Performance feedback, counseling, disciplinary actions when applicable
- Operational budget analysis and recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field,
- Oracle PeopleSoft training is required
- Minimum of 7 years working in a Human Resources environment, to include 5 years in a leadership role
- Prior technical experience working with HRIS Enterprise is required
- Prior management experience is required
They offer an excellent salary of up to $160,000 based on education, skills, and years of experience. Comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental/vision/life/and AD&D insurance, 401(k) savings plan, back-up childcare and eldercare, generous vacation and personal/sick plan, discretionary bonus, and opportunities for professional development and growth.