Lemon Law Legal Assistant – Secretary
Los Angeles, CA location with phenomenal management and a fun, dedicated, and laid-back culture. Flex-time is 8:30 am, or 9 am ending at 5 pm or 6:30 pm, M-F
This job is a hybrid model of 3 days a week in the office and 2 days of remote work.
$55,000-$75,000, depending on legal experience and education.
The firm has outstanding benefits, and you will work with dynamic and well-respected lemon law litigation lawyers in CA and other cities in the US.
Knowledge of California state e-Filing procedures and federal e-Filing procedures is required.
This firm has one of the world’s most robust integrated legal practices, with 45 offices worldwide. The firm is renowned for its local connections and global influence, delivering comprehensive legal services worldwide.
The firm seeks a Legal assistant/secretary to join their lemon law litigation Practice Group. You will support 5 attorneys who work in the firm’s Los Angeles office.
Please have 2+ years of legal secretary, legal assistant, or paralegal lemon law litigation experience in a law firm.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Draft, revise, and format legal documents, correspondence, memoranda, and e-mail
- Perform administrative tasks such as preparing expense reports, check requests, client invoices, and time entries, as requested
- E-filing in the State (CA) and Federal courts
- Maintaining and managing client files
- Maintaining attorneys’ calendars and scheduling appointments
- Initiating communication and responding to client inquiries
- Coordinating client meetings, travel arrangements (domestic and international), and conferences
- Performing general administrative tasks of filing, mailing, answering phone calls, and greeting clients
- Working cooperatively with staff, paralegals, and lawyers
- Maintaining proficiency with office procedures and staying current with Firm technology
- A High School diploma is required.
- 2+ years of lemon law litigation experience as a legal assistant. legal secretary, or paralegal
- 50-60 wpm typing
- e-Filing experience in CA and federal courts is required.
- Good working knowledge of document management systems such as iManage or other legal document management systems
- Computer proficiency in Windows-based software and Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook. Basic technological and research skills.
37.5-hour workweek, paid overtime, very stable and growing, fantastic healthcare benefits, dental, vision, STD, LTD, 20 days PTO, ten holidays, 401k, and a very social, open, diverse firm culture