Litigation Paralegal – NYC
Work for an incredible manager and team!
NO billable hour’s requirement
A requirement of the job is to have 1+ years of trial experience.
Up to $130,000 DOE with paid OT, growth, and incredible benefits
Hybrid work model of 3 days in the office in NYC and 2 days remote
8:30-5 or 9-5:30 with an hour lunch break
This award-winning international firm with offices in all major business centers worldwide seeks an experienced Litigation Paralegal who loves working with team members whose defining characteristics are achievement, initiative, professionalism, responsiveness, and adaptability.
- Digest/summarize depositions and other transcripts, including those of technical nature or expert witnesses
- Analyze/summarize documents, interrogatories, medical records, and other factual information, including sophisticated or technical information related to legal issues
- Drafts declarations and affidavits
- Review files to recommend documents to prepare timelines and witnesses to interview/depose
- Review pleadings and briefs for accuracy of factual information; fact checks briefs
- Cite-check, Shepardize, Bluebook, and proofread pleadings and briefs
- Prepare TOA and TOC. Knowledge of and experience in Best Authority and Litera
- Perform statistical, factual, and some legal research and compiles data into chart formats or analyses; perform computer investigations of individuals and businesses
- Pretrial activities: organizes and supervises preparation of trial notebook; organize trial exhibits; prepares charts/graphs to be used at trial
- Trial activities: attends and assists at trial, which includes: monitoring documents and evidence; assuring presence of witnesses; preparing and monitoring visual aids; taking notes on testimony; tracking of exhibits introduced and marked into evidence; digesting trial transcripts
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- You will have responsibility for document organization and production, including Bates-stamping, redacting, photocopying and indexing of documents, checking copies, setting up and maintaining files which are organized chronologically, numerically, and by subject matter, stripping files at the close of a case; acting as a liaison with the Records Dept. in instances in which sections of a case’s files or the entire file are maintained by the Records Dept.
- Review and analyze documents for production, under the direct guidance of an attorney; categorize documents by subject matter; prepares a chronology of facts; creates charts; does calculations and statistical analyses; reviews transcripts for specific references
- Conduct factual research: pulls relevant information from various resources, such as newspapers, periodicals, library sources, case documents, trade associations, etc.
- Prepare for depositions, gathers documents relevant to the deponent, organizes exhibits; when attending a deposition, takes notes, photocopies documents, handles exhibit distribution and submission, ensures availability of necessary supplies
- Digest transcripts to summarize highlights of a proceeding
- Prepare for and attends trial: organizes exhibits, files, and other supporting documents; make arrangements for transporting and setting up files at court; at trial, takes notes, handles exhibits, gathers any documents referred by either counsel, denotes which exhibits are marked, and offered or just identified; interacts with witnesses, court clerks, client, vendors, etc.
- Assist with the preparation of motions: pulls relevant documents, proofreads, assembles exhibit, and indexes documents for a table of contents
- Assist with appeals: pulls documents for a Record on Appeal and Joint Appendix; indexes cases for a table of authorities; as a liaison with the appellate printer; when necessary
- Prepare binders per witness, which can contain interview memos, digests, and relevant documents
- Prepare subject matter binders
- Retrieve documents as requested by attorneys; knowledge of PACER
- Conducts various document searches and factual research, including searches on computerized systems when applicable
- Act as a liaison with various internal departments and other outside agencies (e.g., oversees the progress of documents through secretarial and duplicating depts., orders transcripts from court reporting services, fulfills requests from outside counsel, clients, etc.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- Solid trial experience is required
- A Paralegal certificate is preferred
- A Notary Certification is preferred
- 6-25 years of Law Firm Litigation experience is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of, Concordance, Livenote, Relativity, Case Map, Kroll, Best Authority, Clearwell, Pacer, Lexis, and Westlaw
They offer an excellent salary of up to $130,000 based on education, skills, and years of experience. Comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental/vision/life/and AD&D insurance, 401(k) savings plan, back-up childcare and eldercare, generous vacation and personal/sick plan, discretionary bonus, and opportunities for professional development and growth.
Please email your resume to email@example.com or call Brian Steffan at 703.944.5697