Litigation Paralegal with Trial Experience
Washington, DC, 2-3 blocks from Foggy Bottom Metro stop
$100,000-$120,000; M-F 9-5:30, 3/2 hybrid work model and paid overtime
A yearly 1560 Billable hours requirement
The firm has outstanding benefits, and you will work with dynamic and well-respected lawyers, managers, and staff in DC and other cities in the US.
This AM100 firm has one of the world’s finest law firms with the most robust integrated legal practices, with 45+ offices worldwide. The firm is renowned for its national and global influence, delivering comprehensive legal services worldwide.
The firm seeks an experienced litigation paralegal to support its Litigation Department and assist clients throughout the US.
This role is very busy and fast-paced, and you must be available for schedule and last-minute overtime, which is paid straight time and time and a half. There will be occasional travel to trials.
This will include document organization, reviewing all relevant pleadings and documents and entering/updating events in the docket database, file maintenance, preparation for depositions and trials, and creating, writing, formatting, and proofreading various legal briefs, motions, and pleadings—the ability to assist attorneys in document review and all aspects of case preparation.
Required Skills & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- 5+ years of large case experience to support a busy litigation practice
- Previous trial experience is required
- Litigation experience in a large corporate setting or law firm is required
- Proficient with cite checking, blue booking, and legal editing
- Proficient with e-filing through electronic court filing systems in the federal and state courts.
- Experience conducting research, organizing information, drafting citations, and proofreading and editing documents
- Possess strong litigation technology skills
- Demonstrate excellent communication and writing skills
- Big law firm experience is a Plus
- A paralegal certificate is a Plus
- Experience in IPro Eclipse is a Plus
37.5-hour workweek, paid overtime, very stable and growing, fantastic healthcare benefits, dental, vision, STD, LTD, 20 days PTO, ten holidays, 401k, with discretionary matching, and a very social, open, and diverse firm culture