Fully Remote Patent Attorney (Chemical -Biotechnology)
Build your IP career with the best!
Fully remote with a rare need to be in an office. However, you are required to be admitted to the bar in the following states or have six months to waive into one of the following states, which the firm will cover the cost. Those districts or states are:
DC, NY, GA, CA, FL, AZ, TX, OH, or CO
Up to $280,000 with outstanding benefits and work with the most excellent IP attorneys, staff, and directors in the IP world with a 1900 billable hour requirement.
This firm has one of the world’s most robust integrated legal practices, with 45 offices worldwide. The firm is renowned for its local connections and global influence, delivering comprehensive legal services worldwide.
The firm is seeking a Chemical – Biotechnology Patent Attorney with a minimum of three years of experience in patent prosecution to join their Intellectual Property and Technology practice.
All candidates must have undergraduate and advanced degrees, including a Ph.D. in biotechnology, biochemistry, biology, or chemistry.
Responsibilities include mid-level patent attorney work, such as drafting and running cases independently. Filing and prosecuting US patent applications, managing and coordinating international patent application strategies, preparing patentability, non-infringement, invalidity opinions, and overall intellectual property counseling. Ability to work independently with a small, tight-knit team of highly educated Patent attorneys at the top of their game.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- All attorneys must be admitted to the Bar in the jurisdiction where the candidate is applying and in good standing.
- All attorneys must be registered and in good standing to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- All candidates must have undergraduate and advanced degrees, including a Ph.D. in biotechnology, biochemistry, biology, or chemistry.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- At least three years of experience practicing patent law in a law firm and a proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others on complex matters.
- Experience in drafting and managing multiple cases independently.
- Demonstrated experience in drafting and prosecuting patent applications.
- Excellent communications (written and oral) and judgment are essential.
- Proven ability to independently manage a case, move it forward, and work in a collaborative team environment.
- Must be a self-starter, can prioritize workload, display good judgment, and work well under pressure.
Requirements for submission to firm:
A writing sample
A copy of your transcripts for your Bachelor’s degree, law school and Ph.D. program
37.5-hour workweek, Remote work, very stable and growing, fantastic healthcare benefits, dental, vision, STD, LTD, 30 days PTO, ten holidays, 401k, and a discretionary / productivity bonus.