Principal Engineer with an active DoD US Government TS/SCI Clearance with a CI Polygraph or above
Work onsite with a fantastic team and you must be within driving distance of Broomfield, Colorado
This is a full-time permanent W-2 position with incredible benefits, learning, and growth.
Competitive salary up to $200,000
This International employee-focused State-of-the-Art Government Contractor seeks a Principle Engineer to join our team. You will assist in the development and administration of new cloud-based satellite ground systems deployed system in the AWS C2S environment. The team you will join is realizing the architecture for products such as command and control, mission planning, mission data processing, and satellite simulation in the cloud.
- AWS Project Owner and Role Manager
- AWS IAM roles and permissions management.
- AWS security groups and network firewall rules.
- AWS VPC network management (subnets, routes, endpoints, and peering).
- AWS KMS encryption key management.
- Cloud infrastructure automation (CloudFormation, terraform, machine imaging, auto-scaling, etc)
- System infrastructure automation (Chef, Ansible, Puppet).
- Cloud administration (EC2, RDS, Directory Services, WorkSpaces, ElastiCache, S3, SQS, SNS).
- DevOps administration (Jenkins, Nexus, Kubernetes, Docker, Bitbucket, Fortify, TestRail).
- System maintenance (auditing logs, patching/upgrading software, backups, password/certificate rotations, user account management, etc).
- Work as part of an integrated development team to build satellite ground systems.
- Work with the following software development lifecycle concepts: Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), DevOps, Continuous Integration (CI), and Continuous Deployment (CD).
- Setup, maintain, secure, and configure servers running in the cloud.
- Assist in software development and testing as necessary.
- Perform Tier 2 software application maintenance and backups on assigned systems running a variety of operating systems including Linux and Windows.
- AWS Cloud administration, responsible for configuration, maintenance, monitoring, and overall support of multiple AWS C2S environments.
- Setup, install, configure AWS Workspaces, maintain, and restore backups and snapshots. Update system process documentation, guides, diagrams, and SOPs as needed.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance such as general computer tasks, backup/restore, application loads, disk utilization, system loading, and system monitoring.
- Detect, isolate, document, quickly report, and resolve system outages or problems encountered during operations of the operational system baseline, which includes collecting diagnostic data, restoring the system operation, developing workarounds, and other activities necessary for the recovery of a system.
- Document problems in logging and discrepancy reporting tools.
- Collect data describing the C2S environment at the time of the failure and perform other activities in support of Tier 3 maintenance investigation and resolution.
- Support systems integration groups as required for ongoing analysis and integration efforts.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capability Units, and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
Expertise with the following:
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Deployment
- Cloud Admin (EC2, RDS, Directory Services, WorkSpaces, ElastiCache)
- DevOps Admin (Jenkins, Nexus, Kubernetes, Docker, Bitbucket, Fortify, TestRail)
- Cloud infrastructure automation (CloudFormation, Terraform, Machine Imaging, auto-scaling)
- A B.S. degree or higher in Engineering or related technical field, and 7 years of related experience OR 12+ years of related experience
- Must be within driving distance of Broomfield, Colorado, and willing to work onsite
- Must possess an active DoD US Government TS/SCI Clearance with a CI Polygraph or above
- All candidates must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
About the Firm:
- We believe our people should work independently, but also value teamwork.
- We offer performance appraisals regularly, so you can look forward to advancing your career.
- We offer a community of virtue-centered co-workers and clients.
- We offer a “NO-Jerk zone” where kindness, respect, and camaraderie are key
- We provide ongoing learning and development opportunities to foster continuous growth.
- You will be part of a virtue-centered team that values their work and teammates.
The firm offers extensive Medical, Dental, Vision & Prescription Insurance, pays 80% of the premiums, free life insurance, STD/LTD, Accidental Death, and Dismemberment & Worker’s Compensation. A 401(k) Retirement Plan, an annual Performance/Profit-Sharing bonus program, and a stock incentive plan.
The firm offers tuition reimbursement per calendar year for eligible fees and expenses of a degree related to your job for career advancement. In addition, the firm will pay for IT training as required and offers a bonus program for certifications achieved while at the firm.
PTO is 120 hours (15 days) per year plus nine company holidays.
The firm offers other unique benefits such as affordable Legal Services and Identity Theft Protection services. The firm provides a monthly phone and Internet allowance, plus a company laptop and service plan.