Staff Recruiting Manager
Work in the Los Angeles office of this premier international law firm
The firm works on a hybrid model of 3 days in the office and 2 days working remotely
Salary of up to $125,000 with a bonus
One of the world’s premier law firms with offices in all major business centers around the globe seeks an experienced Staff Recruiting Manager for the firm working out of their Los Angeles, CA office.
You will have primary oversight over the Staff Recruiting function. In addition, you will liaise and interact directly with the department chiefs, directors and directors of administration, senior firm management, and other hiring managers within other firm departments to effectively collaborate and ensure staffing needs are met across the firm.
You will have direct supervisory responsibility for two HR team members, including performance management, hiring, etc.
- Oversee the Staff Recruiting function and the full-cycle recruiting process, including the administration of viRecruit, the firm’s applicant tracking system.
- Develop and implement recruitment strategies and best practices to proactively source, recruit, hire and retain top talent.
- Cultivate strategic internal customer relationships across all departments to provide hiring managers with effective coaching and support throughout the recruitment and onboarding process.
- In conjunction with the HR Compliance Manager, stay current on employment laws and make appropriate changes to employment-related documents.
- Further, develop reporting and benchmarking tools to ensure effective monitoring of critical metrics and continuous improvement.
- Stay current on changes in the industry and analyze competitive market intelligence in the recruitment space.
- Act as Super User for background check vendor, testing vendor, and applicant tracking system.
- Provide backup management and oversight of H1B, OPT, J-1, and TN applications, extensions, expiration dates, etc.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A demonstrated knowledge of general human resources best practices and principles and international, federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Highly effective communication skills (written and verbal) to interact with all levels of staff and management.
- Capable of maintaining the confidentiality of personal and highly sensitive information.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent relevant work experience required
- Certification as a SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP is preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in staff recruiting, with experience managing a team in a law firm or legal environment.
- Experience in a law firm or professional services setting is strongly preferred.
- Experience with HRIS, Onboarding Platforms, and Applicant Tracking Systems required.
- Experience with PeopleSoft 9 (or above), SilkRoad, and viGlobal (including viRecruit)
The firm offers a competitive salary of up to $125,000 with a bonus, Health, Dental Vision, STD, LTD, life insurance, 20 business days of vacation, 8 business days of sick leave, 401k, educational benefits most importantly, a happy, open, diverse and collaborative culture. The firm works a 36.25-hour work week. This is an exempt position
The firm requires all employees must be fully vaccinated unless a medical or religious exemption can be verified.