You can work out of any US office in Arlington, VA, Chantilly, VA, Tucson, AZ, Huntsville, AL, Longmont, CO, or Valparaiso, FL offices
You will work a hybrid model of 3 days in the office or more as needed and 1-2 remote
This newly created position will develop and execute appropriate recruiting strategies to meet the company’s hiring needs. This role will eventually work into a management role for the right candidate.
This position has potential for a bonus and you will have administrative support and from the other business leaders in the company.
We are an employee-owned, rapidly growing research and development firm recognized for contributing to all national security objectives by supplying innovative solutions to challenging technical problems faced by the United States.
You will be an integral member of the Human Resources team for a successful, growing organization of 350+ employees. As the Technical Recruiter, you will be responsible for completing all facets of the recruitment process for assigned full-time, temporary, and internship positions across the firm with 60+ open positions a year. You will report to the Director of Corporate Human Resources. In addition, you will partner with hiring managers to proactively source and screen for a diverse candidate pool of best-fit talent for open positions and manage the recruitment of all internship positions for the Summer Internship Program.
A successful candidate will be a strong team player who builds effective relationships with hiring departments and collaborates well with other HR team members and colleagues across the firm. The ideal candidate is passionate about finding quality talent, proactive and results-driven, has a balanced approach to managing relationships, and seeks to contribute to the organization’s overall growth.
· Partner with hiring managers in the full-cycle recruitment process to identify, attract, and recruit top talent for the assigned positions. This includes hiring managers and HR Business Partners to evaluate staffing needs, develop job descriptions, and determine recruitment plans/strategies for open positions.
· Manage recruitment for the Internship Program, which includes, but is not limited to, advertising job openings with universities, coordinating and participating in campus events, coordinating university trek visits, and building effective employer relationships with universities.
· Pre-screen candidates and actively participate in the interview and selection process from start to finish for assigned positions within the organization; demonstrate effort in presenting a diverse slate of quality candidates to hiring teams.
· Communicate and follows up with hiring managers and candidates, ensuring a positive well-managed experience throughout the entire recruiting process and professionally presenting the firm.
· Utilize information gathered from interviews and references to make and support hiring recommendations that align with the organization’s overall objectives.
· Partner with business leaders and HR team to construct employment offers and present offer terms to candidates clearly and thoroughly.
· Ensure accurate and timely tracking/record-keeping of applicants and recruiting activities, including interviews and candidate assessments, and adhere to the firm’s Equal Employment Opportunity Policy, Affirmative Action requirements, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion goals, and applicable federal/state/local compliance requirements in the hiring process.
· Ensure completion of administrative tasks in the recruitment process, including interview coordination, background checks, security screenings, and pre-hire steps. Collaborates with HR colleagues to ensure a smooth employee experience, including the transition from pre-hire to onboarding.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, with a minimum 4 years of recruitment experience to include at least 2 years of experience as an in-house corporate Recruiter; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· Recent full-cycle recruitment experience, utilizing a variety of sourcing and recruitment methods/tools
· Proficient in the use of Applicant Tracking Systems, such as Taleo
· Skilled in screening and selecting top talent that best fit the position requirements and overall team dynamics
· Solid understanding of federal and state employment laws
· Defense, R&D, and/or Life Sciences industry experience is strongly preferred
· Campus recruiting experience
· PHR, AIRS, or similar relevant certification
The firm offers a collegial and exciting work environment with a salary of up to $110,000 and a full benefits package—tremendous learning, growth, and advancement with routine travel required during recruiting seasons.
The firm is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.